Everything Medicine Can Do. A Few Things Medicine Can’t.
When you have cancer, you want the most up-to-date cancer treatment. You want cancer experts who work together in a team approach. You want the latest care options, including clinical trials. You want academic expertise that can see you quickly and is personalized to your needs and goals.
At Valley-Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Care, you get all of that and more.
Our cancer experts conduct weekly tumor boards that include Mount Sinai specialists. These weekly tumor boards allow us to discuss your case — as a team — with specialists from different areas. Together, they create a treatment plan personalized for you.
At Valley’s cancer center, we offer the best of both worlds: leading-edge cancer treatment available at larger institutions combined with compassionate, focused attention close to home.
Our Areas of Care
Breast Cancer Program
Valley uses a team approach to breast care, including coordinating all aspects of your treatment. Our breast surgeons perform surgeries using plastic surgery techniques (known as oncoplastic breast surgery).
Colon Cancer Program
Our team of colon cancer physicians, nurses, and specialists form a committed partnership for every step of your care.
- Colon Cancer Surgery
- Rectal Cancer Surgery
- Radiation Oncology
- Fast-Track Colonoscopy
Hematologic Oncology Program
Valley provides comprehensive services for blood cancers, including immunotherapy.
- Hodgkin’s Lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
- Multiple Myeloma
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome
Skin & Soft Tissue Cancer Program
From prevention to treatment, Valley provides comprehensive services for cancer in the skin and soft tissues.
- Skin Cancer
Head and Neck Cancer Program
The Mount Sinai Head and Neck Institute at Valley offers personalized, academic cancer expertise close to home.
- Oral Cancer
- Throat Cancer
- Neck Cancer
- Tongue Cancer
Why Choose Valley Health System for Cancer Care?
- Multidisciplinary, integrative approach: We include multiple types of specialists (known as a multidisciplinary approach) into your care. This approach is the gold-standard for cancer care because it allows us to create a plan that best fits your cancer and your situation.
- Holistic treatment beyond only your cancer: Sometimes cancer is only one of the conditions you have. Being treated at Valley Health cancer center means all your conditions are being treated at the same time, by people who know your full health picture. That doesn’t always happen at centers that specialize only in cancer.
- Partnership with the Mount Sinai Health System: Making sure you have the best outcomes and quality care drives all that we do. It’s why we invest in the latest technology and clinical expertise. It’s also why we partnered with the Mount Sinai Health System: to bring academic expertise to northern New Jersey so you don’t have to go into NYC. Our affiliation enhances Valley Health oncology programs by giving you access to more clinical trials, specialized physicians and coordinated, high-quality care.
- Outcomes on par with any institution in the area: Our clinicians have training at some of the most prestigious cancer hospitals in the nation. They see a high volume of patients and also collaborate with Mount Sinai cancer specialists. Valley Health oncology is accredited by the Commission on Cancer, along with specialty specific awards and accreditations. All of these combined means you’re getting cancer care that rivals any institutions in the area—close to home.
- Focus on your emotional well-being: Whether you have stage 1 or stage 4 cancer, we never lose sight that it’s still cancer. We help you and your family navigate the complex cancer care system from diagnosis through treatment and beyond. From coordinating your schedule to helping you find financial assistance, our team connects you to the cancer support resources you need. We also emphasize wellness—including nutrition and exercise—to give you strength during cancer treatment.
- Scalp cooling: Valley offers scalp cooling for patients with solid cancer tumors receiving chemotherapeutic drugs that may induce hair loss.
Looking for Expert Cancer Treatment Close to Home?
Our cancer teams offer everything medicine can do — and collaborate as needed with Mount Sinai experts — so you can get academic expertise close to home.
Call today for an appointment: 201-634-5339