Thanks to advanced technology and screening, cancer diagnoses are now made earlier and treatments are becoming more and more successful.
Because of increased survival rates, women diagnosed with cancer or other serious conditions may wish to consider preserving their fertility options for later.
The Valley Approach to Fertility Preservation
We offer a variety of options to give you peace of mind for child bearing in the future. Egg freezing and embryo freezing are available to patients with a cancer diagnosis before chemotherapy or radiation treatment begins.
If you are interested in discussing future childbearing options following a cancer diagnosis, call your oncologist and the Valley Fertility Center as soon as possible. We will coordinate your cancer and fertility preservation treatments.
Fertility preservation treatment takes about two weeks. It is usually fit in between your initial cancer diagnostic procedures and your cancer treatment.
Why Choose Valley for Fertility Preservation?
- Coordination with cancer care: We coordinate your fertility procedures with your cancer team to ensure you are not affecting your cancer treatment schedule.
- Financial assistance program: Our center’s Reach for Hope program receives generous support from The Valley Hospital Foundation's Women for Health. This support helps the center provide female cancer patients with much needed financial assistance for fertility preservation.
- Egg freezing: Egg freezing allows women to freeze and store their eggs until a pregnancy is desired. At that time, the eggs are thawed, fertilized and transferred to the uterus as embryos.
- Embryo freezing: Embryo freezing involves an in vitro fertilization cycle (IVF) with the intention to create embryos using the partner’s sperm. Once the eggs are mature, they are surgically retrieved and then immediately fertilized with the partner’s sperm. The resulting embryos are then frozen and stored on site at The Valley Hospital embryology lab. These embryos remain stored until the couple is ready to have them transferred back into the woman’s uterus.
- High-tech monitoring of cryopreservation tanks: We have advanced protections for our egg and embryo freezing tanks. These include visual inspections, an alarm system and 24/7 monitoring to ensure precise temperature control.