If you have been diagnosed with breast cancer, Valley’s Breast Center team is here for you. Valley provides the full spectrum of breast health services, from diagnosis and treatment to survivorship. At every step, patients and families receive the support they need to understand and navigate the complexity of a cancer diagnosis and treatment.
A Team Approach to Breast Cancer Care
Your Breast Cancer Team
From the moment you are diagnosed, you will be cared for by a team of breast cancer specialists who collaborate closely on every aspect of your treatment. The breast cancer team will recommend a detailed and personalized treatment plan.
We have a navigation team to help guide you throughout your treatment, including but not limited to help with appointment scheduling, financial advocacy and connecting you with cancer support services.
Expertise in Complex and Rare Breast Cancers
- Triple-negative breast cancer and other complex cases: Our team has expertise in treating all breast cancers, including triple negative and metastatic breast cancer. We have a robust clinical trials program and use genomic and molecular testing to guide treatment.
- Cancers in young women: We understand that young women with breast cancer may face additional challenges during treatment, including fertility preservation and pregnancy concerns. We provide our patients with all the support and services needed throughout treatment, including support groups. We work closely with and will connect patients to Valley fertility preservation services. We will always factor family planning into account for your treatment.
- Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer and Pregnancy
- Invasive Ductal Carcinoma
- Invasive Lobular Carcinoma
- Invasive Mammary Carcinoma
- Hormone-Receptor Positive Breast Cancer
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Ductal Carcinoma in Situ (DCIS)
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia (Atypia)
- Atypical Lobular Hyperplasia (Atypia)
- Lobular Carcinoma in Situ (LCIS)
- Phyllodes Tumor
- Papillary Disease
- Radial Sclerosing lesion
Why Choose Valley for Breast Cancer Care?
- We’ll see you quickly: Most people diagnosed with breast cancer start with a visit to a breast surgeon. Our breast surgeons will see you within 1- 3 days of your call.
- Nipple-sparing mastectomy and oncoplastic breast-sparing techniques: Our surgeons offer advanced surgical methods for breast conservation using oncoplastic techniques. (Oncoplastic techniques combine traditional cancer surgery with plastic surgery techniques.) If mastectomy is necessary, they offer a minimally invasive approach to nipple and skin-sparing mastectomies.
- Clinical trials: We offer numerous clinical trials for breast cancer at Valley. Trials include studies using new drugs to decrease the risk of breast cancer recurrence and to treat metastatic breast cancer. We also have studies looking at exercise and nutrition in breast cancer survivors. As part of our Valley-Mount Sinai partnership, we collaborate with Mount Sinai clinicians to offer additional cancer trials as needed.
- Breast navigators: From the time of diagnosis, you will have a team of patient navigators and nurse navigators who will be with you. Our navigators help to coordinate necessary tests and procedures, provide emotional support and connect you with additional resources, as needed.
- Genetic counseling: Valley offers genetic counseling and testing for women who are at risk of a hereditary cancer syndrome, such as a BRCA1 or BRCA2 gene mutation.
- Cancer support services: We want you to be able to focus on your healing. That’s why we offer comprehensive cancer support services that address the financial, mental and emotional aspects of cancer, in addition to your medical care. We want you to know what to expect throughout the process so that you are prepared for the next steps.
- Accredited excellence in breast cancer and breast imaging: Valley is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. The Valley Hospital Breast Center is designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Scalp cooling: Valley offers scalp cooling for patients with solid cancer tumors receiving chemotherapeutic drugs that may lead to hair loss.