If you are facing breast cancer, Valley’s skilled breast cancer doctors, new technology and innovative treatments are here for you.
Valley provides the full spectrum of breast health services — diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. At every step, patients and families receive the support they need to understand — and cope with — their unique medical and personal challenges.
A Team Approach to Breast Cancer Care
Your Breast Cancer Team
Your care will be guided and delivered by a team of cancer specialists who will collaborate closely on every dimension of your care.
From their collective insights, a detailed, personalized treatment plan is delivered, which addresses each patient's unique physiology and type and stage of breast cancer.
Our physician team has your cancer covered from every perspective. The team includes breast surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists.
Why Choose Valley for Breast Care?
- Breast patient navigators: Valley offers patient navigators throughout the breast cancer process: from a suspected cancer diagnosis to completed treatment. These navigators help you coordinate additional tests and provide emotional support.
- Dedicated pathologists: At Valley, your breast tissue is examined by a pathologist with expertise in breast cancer to confirm or rule out cancer.
- Oncoplastic techniques: Our breast surgeons, working together with plastic surgeons, use oncoplastic techniques that combine traditional cancer surgery with plastic surgery techniques. This means Valley’s breast surgeons can provide breast cancer surgery that meets your medical needs, while providing the best possible cosmetic results.
- Triple-negative breast cancer: Valley's breast cancer team has extensive experience in diagnosing and treating a wide range of breast cancers, including triple-negative breast cancer.
- Genetic counseling: Women who are at high risk for breast cancer can receive counseling about their chances for developing the disease, and options for cancer surveillance and prevention. Valley also offers genetic testing for women who have the potential for hereditary cancer, such as through the BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes.
- Advanced treatment options: We offer the latest evidence-based treatments. Our advanced options include highly precise radiation therapy through TrueBeam and IORT (intraoperative radiation therapy).
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence: The Valley Hospital Breast Center is designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Accredited breast center: Valley is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons.
- Accredited cancer program: Valley’s cancer program holds accreditation from the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons. Valley has also received the Outstanding Achievement Award.