Valley’s Urologic Oncology Center provides the most collaborative team care available. Patients meet with cancer specialists from radiation oncology, surgery, and medical oncology in a single visit.
Our approach will save you time and give you confidence that your team is working together to create a plan specific to your needs.
We use evidence-based medicine and the newest techniques to diagnose and treat your prostate cancer, kidney cancer, bladder cancer, or testicular cancer. Through precision radiation therapy and robotic surgery, we strive to minimize many of the common urologic cancer side effects, such as erectile dysfunction.
As a patient at Valley, you will also have access to new and potentially life-saving treatments through our available clinical trials.
A Team Approach to Urologic Oncology Care
Your Urologic Cancer Team
Eli Kirshner, MD
Our urologic oncology team includes a medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, surgeon, urologist, registered dietitian, and nurse. We will closely review your case together to identify the most effective treatment plan for your cancer.
We treat existing patients and welcome second opinions if you’d like to explore your options with us at Valley. We will create a personalized treatment plan that’s best for you. Depending on your specific case, this will include guidance on whether you’re a good candidate for radiation, surgery, medical therapy, or active surveillance.
Your nurse navigator will ensure your care runs smoothly. This includes helping schedule your visits and connecting you with other Valley cancer support services.
Why Choose Valley for Urologic Oncology?
- Specialized expertise using a team approach: During a single, two-hour visit to our center, you’ll meet with our team of physician experts to discuss treatment options that are appropriate for your cancer. Our team will help you weigh the benefits of each potential treatment option with its risks and side effects. We will then create a treatment plan that addresses your specific cancer and your goals.
- ExacTrac Dynamic by Brainlab: We are the first hospital on the east coast to offer new technology that offers unmatched radiation treatment accuracy. This system allows your doctor to incorporate additional views from both outside (surface-guided radiation therapy) and inside (image-guided radiation therapy) your body to ensure your treatment is precise to within millimeters — resulting in less treatment time and a potential decrease in side effects.
- A “Think Five” approach to radiation: Our radiation oncologists can deliver radiation in just five high-dose treatments, versus the standard course of up to 45 treatments for prostate cancer. This means patients who qualify for the program can complete their entire treatment in as little as one to two weeks.
- Better diagnostics: Getting accurate imaging of your cancer is critical for diagnosis. Valley offers an MRI fusion-guided biopsy system that allows our physicians to get the most accurate images possible to pinpoint lesions to target for prostate cancer biopsy.
- Comprehensive surgical options: We offer robotic surgery using the da Vinci system for urologic cancers, including prostate cancer and kidney cancer. Robotic surgery offers many benefits, including more precision, which leads to faster recovery and less pain. We also offer more traditional surgical options that can work better for certain cancers, like bladder cancer. Our experts will help you choose the surgical option that’s best for you
- Groundbreaking clinical trials: We offer clinical trials that provide you with access to treatment options that are not widely available at other hospitals. Our research nurse is available to review clinical trials that may be appropriate for you.