It's time to put your health first. Whether you're seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure is being followed. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) for a Safe Visit with a Valley Medical Group doctor.Read More
Valley-Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Care treats all forms of skin cancer, including melanoma and basal cell carcinoma. We also offer melanoma surveillance to identify and track potentially cancerous moles through our MoleSafe Program.
A Team Approach to Skin Cancer Care
Your Skin Cancer Team
Michael Passeri, MD
Our program’s goal is to catch skin cancer in its earliest stages, when it is most easily treated. That’s why we offer the MoleSafe Program. And it’s why we take a team approach to treatment and surveillance — to provide you with comprehensive, personalized treatment options that best fit your individual needs.
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Merkel cell carcinoma
- Skin cancer
Why Choose Valley for Skin Cancer Services?
- Melanoma Program: Valley has partnered with Mount Sinai to provide the most up-to-date, comprehensive care for patients with melanoma. Our program is coordinated by Philip Friedlander, MD, a medical oncologist from Mount Sinai. We realize that not all melanomas are the same and, therefore, all factors related to each individual patient are considered. Even early-stage, uncomplicated melanomas should be followed because melanoma can reappear and spread quickly.
- Surgical expertise: Patients who have skin cancers typically have minor surgery to remove the cancer cells.
- Immunotherapy: For select patients, Valley offers immunotherapy as an option for all cancers currently approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) — including melanoma. Immunotherapy is a form of biologic therapy that boosts your immune system’s ability to fight cancer.
- Mount Sinai partnership: Valley and Mount Sinai Health System have partnered to offer our patients additional access to cancer services. These services include access to more clinical trial opportunities and Mount Sinai cancer specialists.
- MoleSafe Program: The MoleSafe Program offers total-body photography to identify and track potentially cancerous moles. This program is particularly helpful for patients who are at high risk for developing skin cancer.