It's time to put your health first. Whether you're seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure is being followed. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) for a Safe Visit with a Valley Medical Group doctor.Read More
A key part of wellness is cancer prevention and detection, including routine mammograms through our Breast Imaging Center.
Breast Imaging Services at Valley
Valley's comprehensive breast imaging services include:
- Screening and diagnostic mammograms
- Breast MRI
- Ultrasound imaging
- Core biopsies
- Fine-needle aspiration
- Sentinel lymph node mapping (lymphoscintigram)
Breast Cancer Detection and Biopsy at Valley
Our leading-edge breast cancer detection and biopsy technology includes:
- 3D mammography or tomosynthesis allows for subtle findings and fewer callbacks for additional testing. Tomosynthesis is just one example of unique imaging services at Valley that are not available at all imaging centers.
- Whole breast ultrasound is used to find occult tumors in women with dense breasts.
- Stereotactic and core biopsies, facilitated by the use of the newest equipment. An upright and prone breast biopsy guidance system allows for 3D biopsy with advanced visualization.
- Breast MRI provides enhanced sensitivity and is used for high-risk screening, diagnosis, and treatment planning for patients with breast cancer. MRI breast biopsy affords enhanced precision in tissue sampling.
Why Choose Valley for Breast Imaging?
- Breast patient navigators: At Valley, breast patient navigators guide you through the breast imaging experience. If you are diagnosed with breast cancer, patient navigators transition your care to our nurse navigator, who provides support, coordinates your care, and guides you through each phase of care.
- Comprehensive breast cancer services: Valley's breast care services team works together to provide you with a personalized treatment plan. Our team includes fellowship-trained and board-certified breast radiologists, breast surgeons, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, pathologists, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, and nurse practitioners.
- Specialists in breast cancer radiology: At Valley, our breast imaging radiologists specialize in diseases of the breast. That means they understand the subtle differences in breast tissue that could indicate — or rule out — breast cancer.
- Digital mammograms: Breast imaging at Valley is 100 percent digital. Digital mammography allows radiologists to magnify breast images, increase or decrease contrasting shades, and invert black and white values while reading the images. 3D technology, also known as tomosynthesis, screens the complete breast, which aids in the detection of another cancer in the same or other breast.
- Breast imaging center of excellence: Valley’s Breast Center has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). Breast imaging centers of excellence demonstrate excellence by achieving accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound and ultrasound-guided biopsy.