Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
The Neuro-Oncology Center at Valley provides the full spectrum of care for brain and spine tumors, from benign (non-cancerous) tumors to cancers that have metastasized (spread) to the brain or spine.
Our services are anchored by advanced technology and delivered by a highly skilled team.
We welcome patients seeking a second opinion.
A Team Approach to Brain Tumor Treatment
Your Neuro-Oncology Team
Eli Kirshner, MD
Our multidisciplinary team works together to provide patients with coordinated, personalized and supportive care from day one. Our treatments include the latest technologies such as Gamma Knife radiosurgery that allow us to provide our patients with innovative, targeted therapies that offer optimal outcomes.
The Neuro-Oncology Center is home to ongoing research and clinical trials. We’re excited to be participating in research that will help pave the way for future neuro-oncology treatments.
The advanced care once thought to be only available at major cancer centers is now right in the heart of northern New Jersey. We’re proud to offer the leading-edge care and support our patients need, and we’re proud to be the providers our patients trust.
- Brain tumors, including glioblastoma and astrocytoma
- Metastatic brain tumor
- Metastatic spinal cancer
- Pineal region tumor
- Pituitary tumor
- Spinal cancer
- Spinal cord tumor
Why Choose Valley for Brain Tumor Services?
- Gamma Knife radiosurgery: For patients who need radiation, our program offers Gamma Knife radiosurgery. Gamma Knife is considered the gold standard in radiation therapies. It offers pinpoint precision that spares surrounding tissues, resulting in significantly fewer side effects than whole-brain radiation.
- Comprehensive, supportive services: Our program uses a team approach to treating brain tumors and spinal cancer comprehensively. Our services include:
- Neuro ICU: Our dedicated neurointensive care unit offers specialized care for patients who have undergone neurosurgery.
- Physical therapy: Physical therapists help our patients regain movement, function and control after cancer treatment.
- Pain management: Pain management at Valley helps patients control and minimize pain resulting from cancer.
- Support services: Supportive services at Valley help patients address the emotional, physical and mental aspects of cancer.
- Frameless navigation technology: Our program uses this real-time visual guidance during cranial and spinal surgeries. Frameless navigation technology enhances both safety and accuracy: It enables neurosurgeons to sidestep critical areas of the brain while removing as much of the tumor as possible.
- Brain mapping: We use brain mapping before and during surgery to help neurosurgeons remove tumors that may be otherwise too difficult to operate on because of their location. In this procedure, computer-generated images of the brain help our team remove as much of the tumor while avoiding injury to areas of the brain that control movement, vision, speech and other functions.