The Institute for Gastrointestinal Cancer at Valley–Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Care is New Jersey’s foremost center for the diagnosis and treatment of malignant (cancerous) gastrointestinal tumors.
Our institute, part of Valley’s Oncology Specialty Services program, offers patients a level of expertise that is usually found only at large academic medical centers, within the comfort of their own community and family.
A Team Approach to GI Cancer Care
Your GI Cancer Team
Gastrointestinal (GI) diseases can be challenging to treat and manage. These diseases require skilled teams of physicians who are experienced and who focus specifically in these clinical areas.
Our multidisciplinary team combines expertise, compassion, understanding, and education into each patient’s individualized treatment plan. Our focus is on delivering superior patient-centered care within a healing environment.
- Bile Duct Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gallbladder Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Metastases (Secondary Liver Cancer)
- Neuroendocrine Tumor
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
Why Choose Valley for Gastrointestinal Cancer?
- Minimally invasive surgery expertise: Our surgical oncologists are leaders in using the robotic da Vinci Surgical System, as well as other minimally invasive techniques, to treat many types of advanced GI diseases, including those that have metastasized into the abdominal cavity.
- Advanced diagnostic capabilities, including ERCP: Valley gastroenterologists perform interventional endoscopy, a minimally invasive procedure that allows them to diagnose, stage and treat GI cancers. Interventional endoscopy procedures include ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography), which is used to diagnose and treat abnormalities of the gallbladder, pancreas, liver and bile ducts.
- Comprehensive cancer support services: Many patients with GI cancer also benefit from cancer support services. Our program encourages patients to connect with additional support services at Valley, including nutrition counseling, pain management, social work services, pastoral care, smoking cessation, support groups, and integrative therapies, such as mindfulness-based relaxation and guided imagery.