Traffic Alert: On Monday, May 30, access to The Valley Hospital from the Linwood end of North Van Dien Avenue will be restricted from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. to allow for the Ridgewood Run 5K and 10K. Everyone coming to the hospital during that period should enter North Van Dien from East Glen Avenue.
Valley’s Breast Imaging Center uses breast MRI coil technology as part of its overall comprehensive imaging services. The coil technology transforms the magnet used during MRI into a system for dedicated breast imaging.
Benefits of Breast MRI
- Customizable to different breast sizes: The shape of the coil enables clinicians to customize the equipment to accommodate different breast sizes, making the MRI experience more comfortable for patients.
- Higher quality images: Adjustable coil positioning optimizes the quality of the images taken; breast MRI is incredibly sensitive and produces high-resolution images of the breasts.
- Detailed images: Breast MRI provides intricate details of breast tissue that aid in diagnosing and treating patients with breast cancer and other breast diseases, including assessing patients at high risk for developing breast cancer.
Breast MRI at Valley
Breast MRI is used as part of Valley’s comprehensive breast cancer program to:
- Screen patients at high risk for developing breast cancer
- Evaluate the extent of disease in patients already diagnosed with breast cancer
- Plan breast cancer surgery
- Establish the volume of disease and response to treatment in patients undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer
- Image the breasts of patients with dense breast tissue that cannot be fully assessed with mammography
- Perform breast biopsies
Why Choose Valley for Breast MRI?
- Comprehensive breast cancer services: Breast MRI is part of the comprehensive options available through Valley’s breast cancer program. Valley's breast care team includes board-certified radiologists, fellowship-trained breast surgeons, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, pathologists, radiation oncologists, medical oncologists, female mammography technologists, nurse practitioners and registered nurses.
- Breast imaging center of excellence: The Valley Breast Center has been designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR). It is one of only two hospital-based breast imaging centers in Bergen County to receive the designation.
The designation is awarded to breast imaging centers that have demonstrated excellence in breast imaging by achieving accreditation in mammography, stereotactic breast biopsy, breast ultrasound and ultrasound-guided biopsy.
- Specialists in breast cancer radiology: At Valley, our breast imaging radiologists specialize in detecting breast cancer. That means they are able to recognize subtle differences in breast tissue that could indicate — or rule out — breast cancer. And, they understand which imaging technology works best for each person’s situation — whether breast MRI or a traditional mammogram.
- Breast patient navigators: At Valley, breast patient navigators guide you through the mammography process. If you are diagnosed with breast cancer, our patient navigators transition your care to our nurse navigator. Our nurse navigator collaborates with the rest of the Valley breast cancer team to guide you through your treatment options.