Serving the health needs of our community isn’t just about treating people when they’re sick – it includes keeping individuals healthy in the communities in which they live, work and play. Providing access to affordable, high-quality health programs is essential for healthy, vibrant communities.
Through a wide variety of education, prevention, screening and wellness programs, Valley Health System aims to enhance the health and lives of everyone we serve.
Community Health Services
- Heart care
- Breast health
- Weight loss/weight-loss surgery
- Joint replacement
- Skin care
- Stroke prevention
- Tune Into Health videos
- Virtually Valley video series
Screenings & Prevention
- Cancer screenings
- Flu vaccinations
- Heart risk assessments
- Stroke screenings
Wellness Programs & Events
- Get Fit Bergen
- Health fairs featuring stations for heart risk assessments, stroke risk assessments, blood pressure checks, or others
- PrimeTime seniors program
- Smoking cessation
- Thrive! women’s program
- Walking groups
- Weight Loss Challenges in Paramus and Ridgewood
Community Support & Sponsorships
- Donations to community groups and charity events
- Support of programs that assist the underserved with access to care
- Employee food drives
- Paramedic presence at community events
- Public health nursing for municipalities
- Foundation grants
Responding to our Community’s Needs
Valley conducts Community Health Needs Assessments to measure the health status, behaviors and needs of residents in the communities we serve. The information gathered is used to help Valley direct resources to areas that need improvement, and guide efforts to enrich community health and wellness.
Valley’s latest Community Benefit Report shares updates and statistics about our community outreach, education, partnership and support initiatives.
Valley’s Community Health Implementation Plan outlines our goals for responding to the community’s health needs, as reported in the Community Health Needs Assessment.