COVID-19 UPDATES: 1) Recovered COVID patients needed for Valley/Mount Sinai serum collection. 2) Valley urgently needs key medical supplies. 3) Visitor restrictions remain in place.Read More
Patients who need advanced wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) care can trust in the specialized services and skilled team at The Valley Hospital’s Wound, Ostomy & Continence Center. With more than 30 years of experience in providing WOC care, the center offers a wide range of treatments to bring comfort and healing to patients.
Valley’s Wound, Ostomy & Continence Center provides inpatient and outpatient services for adults, children and infants. A physician’s referral is required to initiate care.
The Valley Approach to Wound, Ostomy & Continence Care
Convenience and compassionate care are hallmarks of Valley’s WOC program. The center is located on the first floor of the hospital, just off the main lobby, making access significantly easier for the patients who find mobility uncomfortable and strenuous.
Our WOC team is led by registered nurses who hold national board certification in wound, ostomy and continence nursing (WOCN), as well as two advanced-practice nurses.
- Chronic wounds
- Diabetic ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Lower extremity ulcers (leg/foot)
- Surgical care
- Ultrasound debridement (removal of dead, damaged or infected tissue)
- Ankle (brachial index (ABI) evaluation
- Negative pressure wound therapy
- Pre-operative education and instruction
- Pre-operative stoma site marking
- Stoma recalibration
- Complications prevention and management
- Pouching systems/procedures
- Support group referrals
- Treatment of skin problems related to incontinence
- Containment devices
- Skin care/protective products