Comprehensive Care for Diabetes
Valley Medical Group's Center for Diabetes Management offers comprehensive care for diabetes patients at our Waldwick location. Our specialists offer a variety of healthcare options and resources to help patients manage their diabetes. We work collaboratively with your primary diabetes provider to offer additional services to supplement the exceptional care you are already receiving.
- June 8
- June 22
- July 6
- July 20
- August 10
- August 24
Who Can Make An Appointment?
To be eligible, patients must have a diagnosis of diabetes and have a medical provider who is managing their diabetes care.
Diabetes Management Services
- On-site nurse practitioner and certified diabetes educator
- Individualized teaching & educational materials
- Diabetic retinal screening (recommended yearly)
- Nutritional counseling with a registered dietitian
- On-site lab work, including checking your A1c level with a simple finger stick if appropriate
- Hepatitis B
- Assistance in scheduling appointments with other key programs and services, including:
- Follow-up visits with a primary diabetes provider
- Wound care
- Diabetes support groups
- Diabetes self-management education from Valley Home Care
- Bariatric surgery & medical weight loss therapy
- Valley Lifestyles Fitness Center
- Grocery market tours
- Health Coach/Population Health Nurse
Many preventive or wellness services are covered by most insurances with no out-of-pocket costs. Some services such as retinal photo, nutritional counseling, or a visit with our medical provider who is a certified diabetes educator may involve a copay for a visit, depending on your insurance coverage.
Our team will help to determine which services may be covered by your insurance. Our goal is to minimize your out-of-pocket costs as much as possible by coordinating your care.
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment, talk to your VMG primary care or endocrinology provider or schedule online using the links below. Appointments can also be made by calling 1-800-VALLEY-1.