Valley Health System, in conjunction with Christian Health, offers mental health services at the Valeridge Center for Behavioral Health and Wellness. This center is designed to meet the growing demand for accessible mental healthcare in the surrounding, northern New Jersey community.
Our Center offers rapid-access mental health services for individuals of all ages, with a special focus on maternal mental health and child therapy services.
The center is located at 140 Franklin Turnpike, Suite 6B, in Waldwick, New Jersey, and is staffed by Christian Health practitioners.
Services provided at the Valeridge Center for Behavioral Health and Wellness are provided by a multidisciplinary team of experts.
- Preventive medicine and wellness initiatives
- Pregnant and postpartum continuum of care
- Psychotherapy services
- Counseling for pregnancy loss and bereavement
- Child and adolescent therapy
- Medication management
In addition, our patients have streamlined access to Ramapo Ridge Behavioral Health, a Christian Health hospital, for inpatient care as well as comprehensive mental health and addiction services, including partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient care at Gracepoint, a Christian Health service.
About Mental Health
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, mental illnesses are among the most common health conditions in the United States.
- More than 50% of people are diagnosed with a mental illness or disorder in their lifetime.
- 1 in 5 Americans will experience a mental illness in a given year.
- 1 in 5 children, either currently or at some point during their life, have had a seriously debilitating mental illness.
- 1 in 25 Americans lives with a serious mental illness, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, or major depression.
Fewer than half of individuals who experience mental health issues received treatment for them, and the COVID 19 pandemic made the growing problem more pervasive than ever.
Why Choose Valley for Behavioral Health Services?
- Strategic partnerships: Valley’s partnership with Christian Health offers the community easy access to the services and care that are needed for patients with mental illnesses.
- Specialized care: The Valeridge Center’s team is well versed in all areas of mental health, with specializations in maternal mental health as well as child and adolescent therapy services.