Whether your surgery needs are simple or complex, inpatient or outpatient, scheduled or unexpected, you can depend on The Valley Hospital for outstanding surgical care, provided by a skilled healthcare team – plus the safety, comfort and convenience Valley is known for.
Valley offers a complete range of surgical procedures and services for both adults and children.
Safety Measures for Surgical Patients
Providing safe care at Valley is of the utmost importance. Learn about the enhanced measures we're taking to ensure the safety of patients having surgery at Valley:
The Valley Approach to Surgery
Valley’s skilled staff of doctors, nurses and allied health professionals shares a single goal: a successful surgery for you. They take into account your health history, current medications and lifestyle to employ a range of minimally invasive techniques aimed at getting you back to your best health. They also collaborate with each other to make sure you’re properly prepared for your procedure, the procedure itself goes as planned, and your recovery is smooth.
Surgical Procedures and Capabilities
- Bariatric surgery
- Cancer surgery
- General surgery to treat the stomach, esophagus, intestine, liver and gallbladder
- Gynecological procedures
- Heart surgery
- Inguinal hernia repair
- Orthopedic (joint replacement) surgery
- Outpatient (same-day) procedures
- Pediatric surgery
- Robotic surgery techniques
- Treatment of acid reflux (GERD)
- Ulcer repair
- Urologic surgery
Why Choose Valley for Surgery?
- Flexibility: Both inpatient and same-day procedures are performed at our main hospital campus in Ridgewood; outpatient procedures are also offered at the George R. Jaqua Same-Day Services Center at the Luckow Pavilion in Paramus. Your surgeon will determine the best location for your surgery based on your condition and individual needs.
- Robotic surgery: Robotic surgery is an effective, minimally invasive surgery alternative to open surgery. Through robotic technologies like the da Vinci® Surgical System and the Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Surgical System, major surgery can be performed through the smallest of incisions. Benefits include less pain, a shorter hospital stay and a faster return to normal daily activities.