The Valley Hospital’s PGY-1 pharmacy residency programs are designed to develop the skills and confidence required for providing contemporary pharmaceutical care in a diverse patient population. As a large non-teaching community hospital with a retail community pharmacy, Valley affords unique opportunities for residents to work collaboratively with a variety of healthcare professionals to solve complex medication-related issues presented in healthcare today.
Valley’s pharmacy residency programs include training for pharmacists in the acute-care and ambulatory arenas, as well as community-based healthcare settings:
Residents come to Valley from pharmacy schools across the United States, including California, Montana, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Upon graduation, residents obtain a variety of positions ranging from a PGY-2 residency to clinical pharmacist and management positions. Learn more about our current pharmacy residents.
- Duration: 12 months
- Starting Date: July 1
- Estimated Stipend: $59,000++
- Interview required: Yes
- Number of positions:
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency – 2
- PGY-1 Pharmacy Community Residency – 1
- Benefits: Medical and dental insurance
- Paid Time Off: 18 days (includes holiday, vacation, sick, personal)
- Education: Paid travel expenses and time off granted
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Eastern States Residency Conference