The Valley Hospital’s PGY1 pharmacy residency programs are designed to develop the skills and confidence required for providing contemporary pharmaceutical care in a diverse patient population. As a large non-teaching community hospital with three community-based pharmacies and a specialty pharmacy, Valley affords unique opportunities for residents to work collaboratively with a variety of healthcare professionals to solve complex medication-related issues presented in healthcare today.
Valley’s pharmacy residency programs include training for pharmacists in the acute-care and ambulatory arenas, as well as community-based healthcare settings:
Graduates of The Valley Hospital's residency programs are well prepared to assume a diverse set of pharmacy practice and leadership opportunities. Meet our current PGY1 pharmacy residents.
- Duration: 12 months
- Starting Date: First Monday in July
- Estimated Stipend: $63,000
- Interview required: Yes
- Number of positions:
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency: Two (2)
- PGY1 Pharmacy Community Residency: One (1)
- Benefits: Medical and dental insurance
- Paid Time Off: 18 days (includes holiday, vacation, sick, personal)
- Education: Paid travel expenses and time off granted
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Eastern States Residency Conference