COVID-19 Vaccine Update: We are now offering walk-in appointments at the Wellness & Walk-In Care Center at the Garden State Plaza for those ages 12 and older who live, work, or go to school in NJ. We are also offering walk-ins at our Paramus Vaccination Center, but appointments are highly encouraged.
The Valley Hospital’s PGY1 pharmacy residency programs are designed to develop the skills and confidence required for providing contemporary pharmaceutical care in a diverse patient population. As a large non-teaching community hospital with three community-based pharmacies and a specialty pharmacy, Valley affords unique opportunities for residents to work collaboratively with a variety of healthcare professionals to solve complex medication-related issues presented in healthcare today.
Valley’s pharmacy residency programs include training for pharmacists in the acute-care and ambulatory arenas, as well as community-based healthcare settings:
Graduates of The Valley Hospital's residency programs are well prepared to assume a diverse set of pharmacy practice and leadership opportunities. Meet our current PGY1 pharmacy residents.
- Duration: 12 months
- Starting Date: First Monday in July
- Estimated Stipend: $63,000
- Interview required: Yes
- Number of positions:
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency: Two (2)
- PGY1 Pharmacy Community Residency: One (1)
- Benefits: Medical and dental insurance
- Paid Time Off: 18 days (includes holiday, vacation, sick, personal)
- Education: Paid travel expenses and time off granted
- ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting
- Eastern States Residency Conference