Phase 1 Application Deadline: January 1, 2022
Phase 2 Application Deadline (if applicable): March 24, 2022
You must be fully vaccinated (and show proof) against COVID-19 prior to entering the hospital (this includes in-person interviews if applicable).
The following residency programs are available at The Valley Hospital:
- PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program: Two (2) positions
- PGY1 Community-Based Residency Program: One (1) position
Residency program codes:
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program
- ASHP: The Valley Hospital (Code 21050)
- Phorcas: The Valley Hospital, Ridgewood, NJ (Residency ID 1971)
- National Match Service (NMS): The Valley Hospital - Ridgewood (Code 197113)
PGY1 Community-Based Pharmacy Residency Program
- ASHP: The Valley Hospital/Valley Health Pharmacy (Code 21025)
- Phorcas: Valley Hospital Department of Pharmacy, Paramus, NJ (Residency ID 2526)
- National Match Service (NMS): Valley Hospital Department of Pharmacy (Code 252615)
All applications should be submitted online through PhORCAS.
All applications must include:
- Personal statement
- Pharmacy school transcript (sent directly from your school to PhORCAS)
- 3 letters of reference (PhORCAS form acceptable)
- Curriculum vitae
- The Valley Hospital Applicant Questionnaire (must be uploaded to PhORCAS)
Candidates are responsible for assuring their application is complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Requirements for Acceptance
- Eligibility for licensure in New Jersey
- PharmD degree from an ACPE-accredited school
- Online application package completed by the deadline
Residents are expected to complete all pharmacy examinations (NAPLEX/MPJE) no later than July 31. Pharmacist licensure is expected by September 1, and immunization licensure by September 15.