COVID-19 Vaccine Update: We are now offering walk-in appointments at the Wellness & Walk-In Care Center at the Garden State Plaza for those ages 12 and older who live, work, or go to school in NJ. We are also offering walk-ins at our Paramus Vaccination Center, but appointments are highly encouraged.
Valley-Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Care’s Gynecologic Oncology program is committed to delivering the highest level of oncology care to women in northern New Jersey and beyond.
A Team Approach to Gynecologic Oncology Care
Your Gynecologic Cancer Team
Marie Welshinger, MD
Our exceptional team includes a gynecologist-oncologist with extensive surgical expertise, medical oncologists and nurse practitioners.
The team specializes in treating all types of gynecologic cancers with precision, compassion and a deep understanding of women’s unique needs. In addition, our program offers patients minimally invasive surgical options, including robotic surgery.
- Cervical Cancer
- Endometrial and Other Uterine Cancers
- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease
- Ovarian Cancer
- Vulvar and Vaginal Cancers
Why Choose Valley for Gynecologic Oncology?
- Committed to treating the whole person: The gynecologic oncology team is dedicated to delivering care with compassion, taking the time to guide patients through each phase of their treatment.
- Mount Sinai partnership: Valley has partnered with the Mount Sinai Health System to provide patients with expanded cancer services. Valley patients have access to additional clinical trial opportunities and to Mount Sinai’s nationally renowned experts in cancer care.
- Minimally invasive surgery expertise: Our gynecologic oncologist at Valley has extensive experience performing robotic surgery using the da Vinci Surgical System. Patients who have robotic surgery typically experience less pain, fewer complications and a faster return to normal activities.
- Fertility preservation options: Valley’s Fertility Preservation program allows younger women who are undergoing cancer treatment to preserve their options for building a family in the future. Valley’s fertility and cancer teams work together to schedule fertility preservation in conjunction with your cancer treatment.