Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery is surgery that uses smaller incisions than typical surgery. Gynecologic surgeons perform minimally invasive surgery by inserting a tiny camera that allows them to see inside your body.
Minimally invasive gynecologic surgery can be performed by the surgeon using small instruments or a robotic system (such as the da Vinci® Surgical System).
Conditions Treated with Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
Valley’s gynecologic surgery program focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Hormone dysregulation
- Gynecologic cancers
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Ovarian cysts
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Benefits
Because minimally invasive gynecologic surgery uses smaller incisions, it offers significant benefits over traditional surgery:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- A shorter hospital stay
- A faster return to normal daily activities
Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery at Valley
Gynecologic surgeons at Valley specialize in the latest, most effective techniques, including minimally invasive and robotic procedures to treat a range of gynecologic conditions.
- A hysterectomy is the surgical procedure in which the uterus is removed or partially removed.
- Using robotic surgery via the da Vinci System, our physicians at Valley can perform a hysterectomy through tiny incisions with extraordinary precision and control.
- An innovative form of minimally invasive myomectomy combines open and laparoscopic surgery.
- With the assistance of the da Vinci Surgical System, surgeons at Valley remove uterine fibroids through small incisions with unmatched precision and control.
- A myomectomy allows women to preserve the opportunity for a future pregnancy.
Why Choose Valley for Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery?
- Robotic and traditional surgery expertise: Our physicians have expertise in all forms of gynecologic surgery — including laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. This expertise allows them to discuss the risks and benefits of different approaches with you, so that — together — you can decide on the best approach for your situation.