It's time to put your health first. Whether you're seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure is being followed. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) for a Safe Visit with a Valley Medical Group doctor.Read More
We realize that having heart surgery is a significant, often life-changing event.
The Valley Approach to Cardiac Surgery
Our heart surgeons, interventional cardiologists and structural heart specialists work together to determine the best approach for your individual needs.
Our team uses minimally invasive approaches whenever possible.
- Aortic Stenosis
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Atrial Septal Defect
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve (BAV)
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Attack
- Heart Valve Disease
- Mitral Regurgitation
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm
Why Choose Valley for Cardiac Surgery?
- Partnership with Cleveland Clinic: We are affiliated partners of the No. 1 heart program in the U.S. Our specialists regularly communicate with Cleveland Clinic cardiac surgeons about complex procedures and conditions.
- Making it easier on your body: We employ a variety of methods that minimize the effects of procedures on your body, leading to quicker recovery:
- Off-pump bypass surgery, or beating heart surgery: Traditional bypass surgeries stop the heart and use a heart-lung machine. With beating heart surgery, we keep your heart beating during the procedure. Benefits of beating heart surgery typically include less risk of infection, less need for blood transfusion and a shorter recovery.
- Blood conservation: We limit the amount of blood transfusions before, during and after surgical procedures. This benefits patients by reducing the risk of complications and contributing to higher survival rates. More than 80 percent of our coronary artery bypass surgery patients did not need blood transfusions.
- Minimally invasive vein harvesting (also known as endoscopic vein harvesting): During a heart bypass, surgeons use (or “harvest”) veins from your leg to create detours around blocked arteries. This process typically means a long leg incision. At Valley, physicians harvest veins using a minimally invasive endoscopic approach that results in only a few small incisions — and a faster overall recovery for you.
- Patient outcomes: Valley’s cardiac surgery team consistently has lower mortality and fewer complications than the Society of Thoracic Surgeons’ national average.
- Attentive care: We pride ourselves on attending to your personal and emotional needs, in addition to your medical needs. Valley coordinates a heart-specific advisory council of former patients and family members of patients. This advisory council provides Valley feedback on ways to continually improve the patient experience.