Cardiac rehabilitation is a specially designed program that has been shown to help improve the health of your heart and your cardiac fitness. The program offers a combination of exercise, education and lifestyle modification to help you achieve an active, healthy lifestyle.
Cardiac rehabilitation is designed for anyone who has experienced heart problems, such as a heart attack, coronary artery bypass surgery or angina (chest pain).
Cardiac Rehabilitation Services at Valley
Valley offers comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation services through its Center for Cardiac Rehabilitation.
- Medically supervised exercise
- Education and counseling sessions tailored to meet each patient’s individual needs
- Cardiac risk factor evaluation and modification
- Nutritional counseling
Phase One: Cardiac Rehab In the Hospital
- You will be seen by our expert and caring staff during your inpatient stay.
- Staff will recommend ways to get an early start on taking steps to improve your heart’s health.
Phase Two: Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Outpatient cardiac rehab begins when you meet the team as an inpatient. Your outpatient cardiac rehab program will then begin after discharge from the hospital.
- Our team will work with you to prescribe an individual exercise program under close supervision and monitoring.
- You will also receive heart health education, counseling and nutritional guidance.
How to Get Started With Cardiac Rehabilitation
- You must receive a referral and an initial medical evaluation from your physician to enroll in Valley’s Cardiac Rehabilitation Program.
- Monitored cardiac rehabilitation is covered by most insurance plans. Please check with your insurance provider for specific information about your coverage.
- Locker and shower facilities are provided to all patients.
Why Choose Valley for Cardiac Rehabilitation?
- Individualized heart improvement programs: The program combines modern equipment and techniques with individual counseling and instruction. Our exercise physiologists, nurses and registered dietitians provide a supervised exercise plan designed specifically for you, valuable education programs, cardiac risk factor evaluation and modification, and nutritional counseling.
- Cardiac yoga: The Center for Integrative Medicine’s cardiac yoga program takes a gentle approach to cardiac rehabilitation. The program offers adaptive yoga poses and sequences, breathing techniques, relaxation and guided meditation as part of each class. Cardiac yoga can potentially reduce stress levels, blood pressure and harmful inflammation.
- Comprehensive, team approach to heart disease: At Valley, we believe in looking at the full picture of your heart disease. Research shows that for patients with coronary artery disease, cardiac rehab can be as effective in reducing mortality rate as some prescribed medications. That’s why our cardiac rehab teams works closely with your cardiologist and other heart care specialists to create the best rehab program to meet all of your heart needs.