At Valley, we know your heart health is personal. That’s why our cardiologists take the time to get to know you, your health history and your lifestyle. They’ll listen to your concerns about your heart — and they’ll provide solutions.
Your cardiologist will start by assessing your risk factors. From there, we’ll help you reduce your risk through education, lifestyle changes, medications and more.
And if you have heart disease, your cardiologist will partner with other heart subspecialists at Valley to address your needs.
Watch: At Valley, your cardiologist will guide you through your heart care journey — from diagnosis through treatment. Learn how we detect and treat coronary artery disease at Valley.
When Should I See a Cardiologist?
If you’re having symptoms like shortness of breath, chest pain and heart palpitations, your Valley cardiologist can help.
You should also consider seeing a cardiologist if you have the following risk factors for heart disease:
- Family history of heart disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- High cholesterol
Focus on Early Detection
Our cardiology team can detect heart disease earlier than ever before by bringing together:
That means you can begin treatment more promptly. And studies show that the earlier you detect heart disease, the lower your risk for more serious, life-threatening heart conditions.
When you see your Valley cardiologist, you’ll go through a full heart risk assessment. Your cardiologist will factor in your:
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
- Family history
- Smoking history
- Level of activity and exercise
Your cardiologist may then order additional tests and cardiac imaging to get a full picture of your heart health. And they’ll use this to tailor a care plan specific to you.
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Chest Pain (Angina)
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Heart Attack
- Heart Murmur
- Heart Palpitations
- High Cholesterol
- Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)
- Peripheral Artery Disease
Why Choose Valley for General Cardiology?
- Coordinated care with cardiac subspecialists: Your cardiologist will partner with other heart subspecialists at Valley if you’re facing more complex heart conditions. This includes specialists in atrial fibrillation and other arrhythmias, heart failure, heart surgery, structural heart disease and interventional cardiology. Together, they’ll tailor your care to your specific needs.
- Expertise and comfort all in one: At Valley, we make it easy to get elite heart care, right here in your own community. You’ll receive the most advanced heart care from leaders in cardiology, with all the comforts of a community hospital. That includes simple parking, easy navigation to your appointments and tests, and more.
- Free heart screening: We are committed to helping you prevent heart disease and detecting heart disease early. That’s why Valley offers a free, noninvasive heart screening for people between the ages of 20 and 79. After screening, we’ll develop a personalized action plan to help you achieve or maintain your heart health.
- Support groups: We know that living with heart disease affects all aspects of your life. We offer support groups to help people with heart disease. In these groups, you can discuss your challenges and share solutions with others going through a similar journey.
- Built-in second opinions from Cleveland Clinic: At Valley, you’ll have access to a built-in second opinion from our alliance with Cleveland Clinic's Heart, Vascular & Thoracic Institute. This gives you access to a nationally ranked heart program, right here in northern New Jersey.