Our free Stroke and Aneurysm Support Group offers a place where stroke survivors and their caregivers and loved ones can discuss life issues after stroke and learn from each other how to move forward with new abilities. Our group is coordinated by a licensed medical social worker.
What Does the Stroke & Aneurysm Support Group Offer?
- A comfortable place to share your challenges, triumphs, and personal experiences
- Educational lectures from guest speakers, including neurologists, registered dietitians, physical and occupational therapists, and other members of The Valley Hospital medical staff
- Social gatherings
- A forum to share hints and tips for living a quality life after a stroke
2023 Support Group Dates
- Tuesday, June 13
- Tuesday, July 11
- Tuesday, August 8
- Tuesday, September 12
- Tuesday, October 10
- Tuesday, November 14
- Tuesday, December 12
Questions About the Stroke Support Group?
Call us at 201-389-0205 to register for the support group and to receive our monthly invitation and newsletter. You can also email [email protected]. New members are always welcome!
Exercise Is Medicine - Part 2
Learn about how you can safely get started with an exercise program and the key components to receiving the most benefit.
Exercise Is Medicine - Part 1
Learn about the short term and long term benefits of exercise and how exercise can be used for disease management.
Identifying Anxiety and Depression After a Stroke
Join Valley Hospital Psychiatrist, Dr. Daniel Finch, for his presentation about identifying anxiety and depression after a stroke.
Stroke Support Every Step of the Way
Learn how The Valley Hospital supports stroke patients from their treatment in the hospital as well as when they return home after treatment.
Reducing Risk Factors for a Second Stroke
Other Helpful Services at Valley
- Nutrition Programs
- Center for Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Fall Prevention Program
- Valley Health Lifestyles Fitness Center
- Bariatric Surgery & Weight Loss
- Palliative Care Services
- Virtual Caregiver Support Group
- Smoking Cessation
- Home Care
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Sleep Medicine