COVID-19 Vaccine Update: We are now offering walk-in appointments at the Wellness & Walk-In Care Center at the Garden State Plaza for those ages 12 and older who live, work, or go to school in NJ. We are also offering walk-ins at our Paramus Vaccination Center, but appointments are highly encouraged.
Occupational therapy helps people become more independent in daily living skills. When tasks such as dressing, eating, managing household activities and working at one’s job are difficult to perform after an injury or disability, occupational therapists help people improve their arm and hand function so they can perform tasks more easily.
At Valley, our occupational therapists combine skilled care with strong emotional support and a personal touch to help patients reach their goals.
- Tendon injuries
- Hand or arm fractures
- Upper extremity injuries
- Neurological deficits
Occupational therapy may also help patients after orthopedic, cardiac or breast surgery.
At Valley, occupational therapy is provided by licensed therapists who have earned a bachelor's degree or master's degree. Our occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants provide these services:
- Range of motion/strengthening activities for hands and upper extremities
- Rehabilitation for traumatic hand injuries, burns and wound care
- Teaching of self-care skills
- Work conditioning programs
- Stroke rehabilitation (including assessment and treatment of visual, cognitive and neuromuscular deficits)
- Splinting and other adaptive devices
- Wellness education after cardiac and breast surgery