Applying to the OB/GYN Residency Program
Thank you for your interest in Valley's Obstetrics & Gynecology Residency Program. The application process is conducted exclusively through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Click here to visit the ERAS site.
All interviews for the 2023-2024 interview season (residency starting July 2024) will be conducted virtually and held from November through January.
Our program will accept three residents per year.
- Submit a completed application via Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by October 1, 2023
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, one of which should be from the Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology and one of these letters should be a Standardized Letter of Evaluation (SLOE)
- Pass USMLE or COMLEX examination on the first attempt
- USMLE/COMLEX Step 2 examination score must be submitted before the rank order list deadline
- Medical school transcript
- Dean’s letter
- Three (3) year cut-off of graduation from medical school
- If applicable, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certification
In accordance with the Association of Professors of Gynecology and Obstetrics (APGO) and the Council on Resident Education in Obstetrics and Gynecology (CREOG), our program has adopted the following recommendations:
- Applicants selected for an interview will be notified starting October 24, 2023.
- Applicants will be allowed a minimum of 48 hours to accept the interview.
- Participation in the ERAS preference signaling
- All interviews will be conducted virtually on Tuesdays from November 2023 through January 2024.
- November 14 and 28
- December 5 and 12
- January 9
In accordance with Valley Health System’s employment requirements, our program requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination at the time of matriculation.