Valley is open, safe and ready to care for you. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) to schedule a Safe Visit with a VMG provider.Read More
Outpatient Rehabilitation Now Open
Rehabilitation medicine services at Valley's Center for Health & Wellness in Mahwah, 505 Goffle Road in Ridgewood and 1200 E. Ridgewood Ave. in Ridgewood have reopened for physical, occupational and speech therapy services. Call 201-447-8131 to make an appointment.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Our outpatient rehabilitation locations are following enhanced safety measures, including:
- COVID-19 patient screening
- Temperature checks
- The use of masks for all staff and patients
- Environmental modifications to ensure social distancing
- Increased and continuous sanitization of all surfaces and equipment
The Valley Hospital's staff of licensed therapists help patients learn and develop the skills necessary to overcome disability or recover from a medical illness and/or procedure. Our rehabilitation medicine program features the latest diagnostic and therapeutic equipment and techniques and is available to patients on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
The Valley Approach to Rehabilitation
Each patient has unique healthcare needs, which is why patients are given a personalized treatment plan after undergoing a thorough evaluation. If you need more than one form of therapy, therapists from each specialty work together to develop the treatment plan and goals that will help you return to maximum function.
Valley's rehabilitation therapists are highly skilled and offer a warm, personal touch. Physiatrists (physicians specializing in rehabilitation medicine) are on staff and provide direct care to patients when needed.
Family is especially important at Valley. Loved ones are included in therapy treatments and encouraged to help the patient at home. Through education, family members become valuable partners in the patient's rehabilitation.
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech-language pathology
- Lymphedema program
- Fall prevention program (Gravity)
In addition to working with an individual therapist, rehabilitation patients can download a smartphone app that will help get them most from their treatment program. With this app, patients can:
- See video demonstrations of their assigned exercises
- Read/view information about their specific condition
- Get reminders to perform their exercises
- Track their progress
- Provide feedback to the therapist about issues such as pain or difficulty in doing the assigned exercises
- Send messages to their therapist
Therapists stay in touch with each patient's physician to keep the doctor updated on the patient's progress.