All Registered Valley Home Care and Hospice Volunteers must:
- complete all the documents in the packet. All forms are on this website.
- complete mandatory training class. Please see calendar for training dates and other events happening at Valley Home Care.
- have had two Tuberculosis tests to start volunteering and than one completed annually. (Or a doctors note to say this was completed within the year). ***Hepatitis vaccinations are optional for only Hospice Volunteers.
- provide proof of immunity to Varicella, measles, mumps and German measles through titers (lab work) or vaccinations.
- All other forms must be completed, the Volunteer Form for the Health office, and a physical form. Call Employee Health Office for appointment or for any questions at 201-291-6430.
- volunteer for at least one year and complete 30 hours a year of volunteer time.
- attend 2 out of 4 VHC Volunteer meetings.
Please note, that all Home Care and Hospice Volunteers are required to have a an email account.
We have two volunteer opportunities where hours are recorded in a binder, visiting volunteers can see patients at one facility at the Christian Health Care Center in Wyckoff or if you have an interest we could use volunteers to support our office staff Monday-Friday anytime from 9 AM - 4 PM. However, all our friendly visiting and doula vigil volunteers are required to record time in a Valley email/calender account. Computer access is required.