The Valley Hospital is joining hospitals across the state in adopting visitation guidelines that determine visitation limitations based on the level of virus risk in our region. Learn more about Valley's current risk level and visitation guidelines.Read More
Minimal requirements of all volunteers include:
- Ability to provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, German measles and varicella through titers (lab work) or vaccinations
- Ability to participate in initial and annual TB screenings/education and complete post-tests
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to give and follow direction
- Ability to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the position
- Ability to respond promptly and appropriately to customer requests
- Ability to respond effectively in an emergency and offer assistance as necessary
- Ability to project a positive outlook and willingness to help as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to commit to at least six months of service
- Ability to provide a Social Security Number (adult and college volunteers)
Applicants who are invited to join our program must receive favorable references and pass a criminal background check. Before starting an assignment, you will need to be oriented to the hospital policies and procedures, fulfill mandatory health requirements, and complete a self-learning education module.
Volunteers must also agree to maintain their own health insurance during their time as a volunteer and acknowledge that their personal health insurance will apply while they are a volunteer.