It’s time to put your health first. Whether you’re seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure is being followed. Call 1-800-825-5391 for a Safe Visit with a Valley doctor.Read More
Minimal requirements of all volunteers include:
- Ability to provide proof of immunity to measles, mumps, German measles and varicella through titers (lab work) or vaccinations
- Ability to participate in initial and annual TB screenings/education and complete post-tests
- Ability to understand and communicate clearly
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to give and follow direction
- Ability to satisfactorily meet the requirements of the position
- Ability to respond promptly and appropriately to customer requests
- Ability to respond effectively in an emergency and offer assistance as necessary
- Ability to project a positive outlook and willingness to help as needed
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to commit to at least six months of service
- Ability to provide a Social Security Number (adult and college volunteers)
Applicants who are invited to join our program must receive favorable references and pass a criminal background check. Before starting an assignment, you will need to be oriented to the hospital policies and procedures, fulfill mandatory health requirements, and complete a self-learning education module.
Volunteers must also agree to maintain their own health insurance during their time as a volunteer and acknowledge that their personal health insurance will apply while they are a volunteer.