Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
Total Joint Replacement Program
Valley Home Care’s Steps Ahead program provides an alternative to a sub-acute rehab stay after total joint replacement surgery. The rehabilitation team can treat patients in the comfort of their own homes.
A Safe at Home assessment is performed at the patient’s home before surgery. This assessment:
- Evaluates the patient’s in-home setting
- Assesses for proper medical devices needed
- Provides education on appropriate exercises before surgery
Rehabilitation begins as soon as a patient arrives home after surgery and includes*:
- Visits by a registered nurse, physical therapist and home health aide on Day 1 after hospital discharge
- Pain management
- Physical therapy one-on-one visits – up to five visits per week for the first two weeks, followed by one to three visits per week as needed
- Surgical site assessment and monitoring by a registered nurse, including staple removal, if ordered
- Progression to outpatient therapy
*Benefits are subject to policy limitations.