Valley Home Care brings diabetes education and support to where patients need it most – at home. Our certified diabetes care and education specialists and registered dietitian nutritionists educate patients and their family members and/or caregivers on how to manage this chronic condition.
- Evaluation of nutrition intake and suggestions for diabetes management
- Instructions on how to monitor blood-glucose levels and keep an effective record to track throughout the day
- Medication management, including insulin when needed
- Education on the signs and symptoms of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia
- Strategies for promoting good health and creating behavior changes
- Strategies for improving quality of life and preventing complications
Diabetes Support Group
A free, monthly support group for adults (18+) enables participants to learn more about their condition and share their experiences with others. The group is facilitated by a Valley Home Care registered dietitian and takes place virtually via Microsoft Teams.
The adult diabetes support group meets the fourth Thursday of the month (except August and December) from 7 to 8:30 p.m.