Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
Under the direction and supervision of a registered professional nurse, Valley Home Care’s certified home health aides (CHHAs) perform hands-on care to meet patients’ needs. They also assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment.
Valley Home Care’s Home Health Aides
Valley Home Care has CHHAs on staff as well as contracts with several CHHA providers. CHHAs must complete a homemaker-home health aide course approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing. They must hold a current certification by the New Jersey Board of Nursing as a homemaker-home health aide. They must also successfully complete a thorough background check.
Valley’s CHHAs also keep their skills up to date by attending educational sessions throughout the year on disease-specific topics.
Home health aides:
- Assist with bathing, dressing and feeding
- Check patient’s temperature, pulse and respiration as directed by nurse
- Reinforce simple dressings
- Assist and remind patient to take oral medications, ordinarily self-administered, as ordered by physician and as directed by nurse
- Assist with the home exercise program developed by the nurse or therapist
- Take the patient for walks outside when indicated by the nurse (weather and health permitting)
- Report physical/emotional changes to nurse
- Shop and prepare meals for the patient
- Perform household duties according to the patient’s plan of care
- Do the patient's personal laundry
- Maintain safety and communicate issues
CHHAs are generally scheduled between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Other hours will be considered upon request.
We make every effort to provide continuity of CHHA services. However, there may be times when it is necessary to send a different CHHA to provide care for you. If this happens, we feel confident that you will be pleased with any member of our CHHA team.