All Valley locations are open, safe and ready to care for you. Call 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391) to schedule a Safe Visit with a Valley Medical Group provider.Read More
Under the direction and supervision of a registered professional nurse, Valley Home Care’s certified home health aides (CHHAs) perform hands-on care to meet patients’ needs. They also assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment.
Valley Home Care’s Home Health Aides
Valley Home Care has CHHAs on staff as well as contracts with several CHHA providers. CHHAs must complete a homemaker-home health aide course approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing. They must hold a current certification by the New Jersey Board of Nursing as a homemaker-home health aide. They must also successfully complete a thorough background check.
Valley’s CHHAs also keep their skills up to date by attending educational sessions throughout the year on disease-specific topics.
Home health aides:
- Assist with bathing, dressing and feeding
- Check patient’s temperature, pulse and respiration as directed by nurse
- Reinforce simple dressings
- Assist and remind patient to take oral medications, ordinarily self-administered, as ordered by physician and as directed by nurse
- Assist with the home exercise program developed by the nurse or therapist
- Take the patient for walks outside when indicated by the nurse (weather and health permitting)
- Report physical/emotional changes to nurse
- Shop and prepare meals for the patient
- Perform household duties according to the patient’s plan of care
- Do the patient's personal laundry
- Maintain safety and communicate issues
CHHAs are generally scheduled between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Other hours will be considered upon request.
We make every effort to provide continuity of CHHA services. However, there may be times when it is necessary to send a different CHHA to provide care for you. If this happens, we feel confident that you will be pleased with any member of our CHHA team.