Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
With advanced technology, an experienced staff and a complete continuum of services, Valley is fully equipped to diagnose and treat a wide range of gastrointestinal (GI) conditions.
The Valley Approach to GI Care
Offering specialized GI services and sophisticated technology is key – but providing sensitive, patient-friendly care and understanding is just as important.
Patients at Valley know they'll receive a high level of skilled care – as well as the compassionate support they deserve – from our team, at every stage of their care.
Our Areas of Care
Center for Barrett's Esophagus and GERD
Valley’s physicians offer a full spectrum of services to diagnose, treat and manage both acid reflux and Barrett's esophagus.
- Fundoplication surgery
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
The Valley Center for Heartburn, Reflux and GERD provides a patient-centered approach to treating and relieving heartburn symptoms, using the most innovative therapies available.
- Transoral incisionless fundoplication (TIF) procedure
Center for Liver Diseases/Hepatology
Our Mount-Sinai affiliated physicians offer comprehensive care for all types of liver diseases.
- Hepatitis A, B, and C
- Sclerosing cholangitis
- Alcoholic liver disease
- Liver and bile duct cancers
Institute for Gastrointestinal Cancer
Valley's Institute for Gastrointestinal Cancer at Valley–Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Care offers advanced treatment options for treating GI cancers.
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumors (GIST)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Stomach Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
Valley’s advanced suite is equipped to perform a number of tests and procedures.
- Upper endoscopy
- Capsule endoscopy
- Endoscopic ultrasound
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography
- Esophageal manometric motility study
Valley’s Fast-Track Screening Colonoscopy program streamlines the process of scheduling a colonoscopy procedure by eliminating the need for patients to meet with a gastroenterologist for a pre-procedure appointment.
- Phone consultations with nurse navigator to determine eligibility
- Convenient appointment scheduling
Our pediatric subspecialists provide compassionate, sensitive GI care for children and adolescents.
- Celiac disease
- Failure to thrive
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Poor growth syndromes
- Abdominal pain
- Bowel incontinence
- Cancers of the esophagus, stomach, liver, intestine and rectum
- Cirrhosis of the liver
- Colitis and other colon disorders
- Hepatitis A, B and C, and other liver diseases
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Gallbladder stones
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Pancreatic disease
- Polyps (tumors)
- GI bleeding