COVID-19 Vaccine Update: We are now offering walk-in appointments at the Wellness & Walk-In Care Center at the Garden State Plaza for those ages 12 and older who live, work, or go to school in NJ. We are also offering walk-ins at our Paramus Vaccination Center, but appointments are highly encouraged.
Individuals who are interested in having COVID-19 testing for the presence of antibodies can now be tested through Valley Medical Group.
Valley offers an antibody test that checks for the presence of an antibody called immunoglobulin G, or IgG, which is produced as part of your body’s immune response to the virus.
You may qualify for COVID-19 IgG antibody testing if:
- You tested positive for COVID-19
- You had symptoms of COVID-19 but were never tested
- You never had COVID-19 symptoms but may have been exposed to the virus
How to Get Tested
You must first be evaluated by a Valley healthcare provider to receive a prescription or order for testing. You can schedule a telemedicine evaluation with one of our providers by calling 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391).
The provider will determine whether COVID-19 testing is indicated and, if so, whether you should have a test for the presence of COVID-19 infection vs. a test for the presence of antibodies.
Where to Get Tested
If you receive a prescription or order for COVID-19 IgG antibody testing, you can have your blood drawn during an in-office visit with a Valley Medical Group provider to check for antibodies. You may also request to have your prescription sent to the outpatient lab of your choice.
If you test positive:
- You have antibodies that likely resulted from a COVID-19 infection.
If you test negative:
- You have not developed detectable antibodies at the time of testing. This could mean:
- You never had a COVID-19 infection; OR
- It is too early in the course of your infection to have produced antibodies (this also means you can still spread the virus to others)
Remember that no test is perfect, and false-positive and false-negative test results can occur.