It’s time to put your health first. Whether you’re seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure is being followed. Call 1-800-825-5391 for a Safe Visit with a Valley doctor.Read More
Individuals who are interested in having COVID-19 testing for the presence of antibodies can now be tested through Valley Medical Group.
Valley offers an antibody test that checks for the presence of an antibody called immunoglobulin G, or IgG, which is produced as part of your body’s immune response to the virus.
You may qualify for COVID-19 IgG antibody testing if:
- You tested positive for COVID-19
- You had symptoms of COVID-19 but were never tested
- You never had COVID-19 symptoms but may have been exposed to the virus
How to Get Tested
You must first be evaluated by a Valley healthcare provider to receive a prescription or order for testing. You can schedule a telemedicine evaluation with one of our providers by calling 1-800-VALLEY 1 (1-800-825-5391).
The provider will determine whether COVID-19 testing is indicated and, if so, whether you should have a test for the presence of COVID-19 infection vs. a test for the presence of antibodies.
Where to Get Tested
If you receive a prescription or order for COVID-19 IgG antibody testing, you will be directed to call your local LabCorp to schedule an appointment for blood collection. Visit www.LabCorp.com to locate your nearest commercial LabCorp draw station.
If you test positive:
- You have antibodies that likely resulted from a COVID-19 infection.
If you test negative:
- You have not developed detectable antibodies at the time of testing. This could mean:
- You never had a COVID-19 infection; OR
- It is too early in the course of your infection to have produced antibodies (this also means you can still spread the virus to others)
Remember that no test is perfect, and false-positive and false-negative test results can occur.