Looking for Testing Information?
Visit our COVID-19 Testing page for more information on testing services available at Valley and other locations in Bergen County.
Symptoms of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) can appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Symptoms can range in severity, from mild to severe, and include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle/body aches
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
Emergency Warning Signs of COVID-19
Seek immediate medical attention for these symptoms:
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain or pressure
- New confusion
- Bluish lips or face
- Trouble awakening or staying awake
What to do if You Have Symptoms
If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms:
- Call your healthcare provider. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, you may be able to recover at home.
- Ask about COVID-19 virus testing, which can confirm whether you have COVID-19. Learn more about testing services at Valley.
- Stay home, avoid public places, and separate yourself from other people and pets in your home.
- Manage your symptoms by staying hydrated and taking over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen, as needed.
- Monitor your symptoms, and contact your healthcare provider if any worsen.