Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
Looking for Testing Information?
Visit our COVID-19 Testing page for more information on testing services available at Valley and other locations in Bergen County.
Symptoms of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) can appear 2 to 14 days after exposure to the virus. Symptoms can range in severity, from mild to severe, and include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle/body aches
- Loss of smell and/or taste
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
Emergency Warning Signs of COVID-19
Seek immediate medical attention for these symptoms:
- Trouble breathing
- Chest pain or pressure
- New confusion
- Bluish lips or face
- Trouble awakening or staying awake
What to do if You Have Symptoms
If you're experiencing COVID-19 symptoms:
- Call your healthcare provider. Depending on the severity of your symptoms, you may be able to recover at home.
- Ask about COVID-19 virus testing, which can confirm whether you have COVID-19. Learn more about testing services at Valley.
- Stay home, avoid public places, and separate yourself from other people and pets in your home.
- Manage your symptoms by staying hydrated and taking over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen, as needed.
- Monitor your symptoms, and contact your healthcare provider if any worsen.