Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
The following steps can help you protect yourself and limit the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory illnesses:
- Wear a cloth face mask when you need to go out in public, even if you don’t feel sick.
- Avoid close contact with others, especially those who show symptoms of a respiratory infection. Maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others (social distancing), and avoid crowded places and mass gatherings.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or sleeve, not your hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol, covering all surfaces of your hands and rubbing them until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean all “high touch” surfaces every day. These include countertops, tabletops, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, phones, keyboards, tablets, toilets, and bedside tables.
- Review and follow CDC travel advisories when planning travel. Visit the CDC’s website for questions to ask before you decide to travel.