- Our experienced financial counselors will guide you through the process of paying for treatment. They are available to meet with you before treatment begins and at any point during your care.
- Our financial counselors share information regarding supplemental programs that may assist those patients without treatment coverage.
- For more information, please call 201-634-5400 or email email@example.com.
- The first step in learning how to finance your fertility care is to determine your insurance benefits.
- Insurance coverage varies widely. Before your first consultation, we encourage you to verify your infertility benefits.
- In New Jersey, many people may have access to coverage via the New Jersey Family Building Act passed by the New Jersey state legislature in 2001 (updated in 2017).
Insurance Plans Accepted
Our physicians and The Valley Hospital participate in the following insurance plans:
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey**
- Out-of-State Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- QualCare (Dr. Greenseid)
- United HealthCare*
*Center of Excellence designation
** Blue Distinction Center for fertility care
Please note: Medicare and Medicaid plans do not cover infertility services.
If you don't see your insurance listed, please call our billing specialists at 201-634-5400.
Insurance Questions to Ask
Here are some questions to ask when exploring your medical benefits:
- How does the insurer define infertility?
- Do any procedures require pre-authorization?
- What are the policy’s limits in terms of number of treatment cycles, procedures, time seeking treatment, embryo transfers, patient’s age, etc.
- Is there a maximum dollar limit? Is it an annual or lifetime limit?
- What are the co-payments and deductibles for outpatient hospital services?
- What procedures are excluded from coverage?
- What are the drug benefits? (Note: Having health insurance does not guarantee that fertility medications are covered, even if you have prescription coverage.)
Information for Insurance Purposes
You may need the following information for insurance purposes:
- The Valley Hospital Fertility Center is an outpatient hospital facility.
- The Valley Hospital Tax ID: 221487307
- Drs. Chen, Nasseri and Greenseid Tax ID: 46-5285330
- Flexible spending accounts let you place money in a separate account on a pre-tax basis.
- Some employers offer these accounts for employees to set aside funds to pay for health expenses over the course of the year.
- Flexible spending accounts can be a good option for paying for your fertility treatments.
- Some medical expenses may not qualify, however, so ask about fertility treatment coverage with your employer.
Financial Assistance for Cancer Patients
Valley’s Reach for Hope Program is an additional tier of financial assistance for cancer patients pursuing IVF for fertility preservation. Our Reach for Hope Program is available only for cancer patients who have also qualified for assistance with the Livestrong Fertility program.
- First, communicate your financial concerns to your fertility physician. Your physician will then refer you to a billing coordinator who will guide you through your financial options.
- Your second step would be to apply for the Livestrong Fertility program. Our billing coordinators will direct you to their website to complete the application.
- If you are approved, Livestrong Fertility will supply and deliver your medications to our center for your in vitro fertilization (IVF) cycle. Valley accepts a greatly reduced payment for the IVF cycle. This will include your ultrasounds, hormonal blood tests, retrieval charges, and cryopreservation of embryos or oocytes.
- Once Livestrong Fertility has approved your application, you will be approved for our Reach for Hope Program. The benefit amount is need-based on your personal financial situation. Please let us know about any additional circumstances that might determine your benefit amount.
- Once your application has been reviewed by our Reach for Hope team, one of our billing coordinators will advise you of your benefit amount.
Many thanks to Valley's Women for Health: Through their generosity, our Reach for Hope Program makes it possible for cancer patients to preserve their fertility and get through their cancer treatment.
For more information about Reach for Hope, please call 201-634-5520.
If you are interested in applying for LendingClub Patient Financing, please visit their website for more information.