It’s time to put your health first. Whether you’re seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure will be followed. Call 1-800-825-5391 for a Safe Visit with a Valley doctor.Read More
One key factor in the success of in vitro fertilization (IVF) is the quality of the embryology lab. At The Valley Hospital Fertility Center, we are pleased to provide our patients state-of-the-art fertility laboratory techniques and equipment.
The Valley Approach to Embryology Lab Services
At Valley Hospital Fertility Center, we follow the strictest protocols for sterility and disinfection. This focus on quality and sterility carries through from the lab to our egg retrievals and our embryo transfers — so that highly sensitive eggs and embryos are not harmed.
We use benchtop incubators and air filtration systems that give embryos and eggs an optimal environment that closely mimics the human body. And we offer pre-genetic testing of the embryos for chromosomal abnormalities, or aneuploid embryos.
Why Choose Valley for Embryology Lab Services?
- Highest quality standards: Our fertility services meet the highest patient care and regulatory standards of the College of American Pathologists, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988, the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the New Jersey Department of Health, and the College of American Pathologists.
- Exclusive vitrification: Our lab only performs the vitrification (or, flash freezing) technique for egg freezing. Vitrification greatly increases the survival rate for the egg vs. slow freezing.
- High-tech monitoring: Our lab has advanced protections in place for our incubators and cryopreservation tanks. These include external visual inspections, an alarm system and 24/7 monitoring to ensure precise temperature control.
- Low-oxygen benchtop incubators: We use low-oxygen benchtop incubators (instead of a box incubator). When opened, benchtop incubators recover to the environment and temperature that most closely mimics the human body more quickly, resulting in more viable eggs and embryos.
- Techniques that increase pregnancy rates: At Valley, we use laser-assisted hatching for greater success helping embryos hatch. And we use blastocyst transfer, meaning we transfer embryos that are at an advanced stage to increase the chance for pregnancy.