April 2, 2018
The Valley Hospital has been named one of the top hospitals in New Jersey by doctors and patients as reported by Inside Jersey magazine. The list appears in the magazine’s April issue.
The magazine joined with Castle Connolly, a healthcare research and information company, to ask New Jersey doctors to name the top hospitals for overall care and for various medical conditions. Inside Jersey also worked with IPRO, an independent not-for-profit health care consulting organization, to present post-discharge ratings of New Jersey hospitals by patients.
Among New Jersey hospitals with more than 350 beds, doctors ranked Valley fifth in the state over all and among the top five in the state in the following categories:
• Top Hospitals for the Treatment of Breast Cancer (No. 4)
• Top Hospitals for the Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure (No. 4)
• Top Hospitals for Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (no. 4)
• Top Hospitals for the Treatment of High Risk Pregnancy and Birth (no. 5)
• Top Hospitals for Hip and Knee Replacement (no. 4)
• Top Hospitals for the Treatment of Neurological Disorders (No. 5)
• Top Hospitals for the Treatment of Pain Management (no. 5)
• Top Hospitals for Prostate Cancer (no. 4)
• Top Hospitals for Stroke (No. 5)
According to patients, Valley ranks No. 2* for overall patient satisfaction, No. 1* for communication with physicians and No. 3 for communication with nurses.
“I am delighted that physicians and our patients gave us such high marks,” said Audrey Meyers, Valley’s President and CEO. “It’s a testament to the priority Valley staff and physicians place on achieving the highest-quality clinical outcomes, while delivering the most compassionate care.”
*Tied for rank