Certified Home Health Aide Services
Certified Home Health Aides are the Heart of Our Business
Under the direction and supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse, Certified Home Health Aides (CHHA) perform hands-on patient care to meet the patient's needs in accordance with the plan of care. They also assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment. Certified Home Health Aides must have completed a Homemaker-Home Health Aide course approved by the New Jersey Board of Nursing. They must hold a current certification by the New Jersey Board of Nursing as a Homemaker-Home Health Aide. In addition, they must have successfully completed a criminal history background check. Our home health aides attend many educational sessions throughout the year on disease-specific topics.
A CHHA may be ordered by your doctor to assist you with personal care. Valley Home Care has CHHAs on staff, as well as contracts with several CHHA providers.
We make every effort to provide continuity of CHHA services. However, there may be times when it is necessary to send a different CHHA to provide care for you. If this happens, we feel confident that you will be pleased with any member of our CHHA team. CHHAs are generally scheduled between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Other hours will be considered upon request. Please note also that the amount of time the CHHA service is scheduled is used as a guideline to complete the tasks outlined in the patient's plan of care and any travel time to a patient is included in the total time each patient receives.
- Assists with bathing, dressing, and feeding.
- Tub bath/shower only after supervision by nurse or determination by her/him that this is a safe procedure.
- Temperature, pulse and respiration as directed by nurse.
- Reinforces simple dressings.
- Assists and reminds patient to take oral medications, ordinarily self-administered, as ordered by physician and as directed by nurse.
- Assists with home exercise program developed by the nurse or therapist.
- Takes patient for walks outside when indicated by the nurse, weather and health permitting.
- Reports physical/emotional changes to nurse.
- Shops and prepares meals for patient.
- Household duties as per Plan of Care.
- Does patient's personal laundry.
- Maintains safety and communicates issues.
For more information, please call 201-291-6000.