Nurses are at the heart of the quality, compassionate care patients receive at The Valley Hospital, Valley Home Care and Valley Medical Group. All of our nurses are committed to delivering safe, reliable and effective care to every patient, every day.
Valley has received Magnet designation — the highest honor given to an organization’s professional nursing practice — since 2003.
The Valley Approach to Nursing
Based on Dr. Jean Watson’s Humanistic Caring theory, Valley’s nursing mission, vision and philosophy are the collective vision of all Valley nurses.
Nursing Mission Statement
We, the community of nurses, support the mission of The Valley Hospital through our intentional presence in all we do.
We demonstrate excellence in clinical care by our commitment to evidence-based practice, and delivering culturally competent patient care in a caring-healing environment. We promote innovation in clinical practice, programs, and technology through active participation in shared decision-making and research. We provide a compassionate and respectful environment for all members of our community through our Professional Practice Model, patient- and family-centered care.
Nursing Vision Statement
We, as a community of nurses, will continue to assure professional excellence by evolving the creative art and science of nursing. We will be agile in our response to patient, professional, financial, community, and healthcare delivery system needs and changes. We will be passionate in our delivery of seamless nursing care that will produce superior outcomes within the global nursing community. We will have a professional practice environment that attracts and retains highly qualified nurses to the profession.
- That healthcare is a human right, and that patients have the right and are encouraged to participate in their own care, whether the goal is quality of life or dignity of death.
- That our community of nurses makes a commitment to deliver compassionate, holistic care to the patient in a competent, ethical, and caring manner.
- That the scope of nursing care includes the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of Bodymindspirit for individually defined health.
- That professional nursing values an interdisciplinary, collaborative process to create a caring-healing and patient- and family-centered environment.
- That our community of nurses is qualified through licensure, demonstrated competence, and a commitment to professional development through lifelong learning.
- That our nursing community is responsible as advocates and mentors for our profession and for the evolution of healthcare.