The Patient and Family Relations Department can help patients and their family members navigate the many non-clinical services available at The Valley Hospital. The department’s mission is to make sure no need goes unmet, so patients can have the best possible hospital experience.
Our registered nurse patient representatives provide a variety of services, including:
- Translation services for patients who speak a language other than English
- Interpreter services for deaf patients
- Assistance for patients with visual/mobility impairments
- Access to care at the bedside
- Inpatient patient rights / ambulatory patient rights
- End-of-life issues/advance directive assistance
- Conflict resolution
- Notary services (appointments are suggested)
- Complaint management and resolution
- Biomedical ethics concerns
- Room accommodations for family members
How to Reach Us
The Patient and Family Relations Department is located on the first floor of the hospital in the Phillips Wing. Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For more information, call Patient and Family Relations at 201-447-8169 or email us.
Issues or Concerns About Your Care
The Patient and Family Relations Department is happy to address any concerns or complaints you may have about the quality of care delivered by Valley. If the concern is not handled to your satisfaction, you may contact The Joint Commission at 1-800-994-6610 or email@example.com. The Valley Hospital and Valley Home Care are surveyed by The Joint Commission once every three years. The Joint Commission survey process is completely voluntary and is comprehensive in scope, reviewing every aspect of patient care.
You may also express your concern by calling the New Jersey Department of Health’s Complaint Hotline at 1-800-792-9770, or writing to: Department of Health & Senior Services, Health & Agriculture Building, P.O. Box 360, Trenton, N.J., 08625-0360.