Urogynecology is the subspecialty dedicated to the treatment of women with pelvic floor disorders such as pelvic organ prolapse, urinary incontinence, overactive bladder and painful bladder syndrome, among other conditions.
Urogynecology is also known as female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery because many of the treatment options for pelvic floor disorders involve surgery to repair pelvic floor muscles.
The Valley Approach to Urogynecology
At Valley, our urogynecology program takes an individualized approach to caring for patients. Pelvic floor disorders are incredibly personal and can sometimes be difficult for patients to discuss.
That’s why our program believes it is crucial to take your personal preferences into account when making treatment decisions. Our urogynecologist discusses with you the treatment options that will be best suited to your specific needs — both clinically and personally.
- Urinary Incontinence (leakage of urine)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Cystocele (dropped bladder)
- Uterine Prolapse (dropped uterus / womb)
- Vaginal Vault Prolapse (post-hysterectomy prolapse)
- Overactive Bladder
- Urinary Urgency
- Urinary Frequency
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infections (cystitis)
- Painful Bladder Syndrome / Interstitial Cystitis
- Pelvic Floor Weakness
Why Choose Valley for Urogynecology?
- Robotic surgery and minimally invasive procedures expertise: Our medical director for urogynecology, Cristina Saiz, MD, FACOG, is certified in performing robotic surgery and specializes in minimally invasive urogynecologic procedures. She holds board certifications in obstetrics and gynecology and in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery (urogynecology).
- Focus exclusively on pelvic floor disorders: Dr. Saiz focuses exclusively on pelvic floor disorders, giving her a deeper understanding of treatment options for these conditions. For example, her practice offers advanced in-office procedures to treat urinary incontinence and overactive bladder, including Botox bladder injections, urethral bulking injections and peripheral tibial nerve stimulation (PTNS).
- Women’s Choice Award: The Valley Hospital has earned the Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience for six consecutive years. Hospitals that receive this award do so because they are among the best at treating their patients the way they want to be treated.