It’s time to put your health first. Whether you’re seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure is being followed. Call 1-800-825-5391 for a Safe Visit with a Valley doctor.Read More
Urogynecology, which is also known as female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery, is the medical subspecialty exclusively dedicated to the treatment of women with pelvic floor disorders.
Pelvic floor disorders are conditions that frequently develop in women as they age; they’re particularly more common after menopause. Symptoms include:
- Leakage of urine (incontinence)
- Frequent or urgent desire to urinate
- Pelvic organ prolapse (commonly known as “dropped bladder”), which manifests as feeling a protrusion or bulge through the vaginal opening
Even though these conditions aren’t life-threatening, they significantly interfere with a woman’s quality of life. Many treatment options are available, including non-surgical ones.
The Valley Approach to Urogynecology
At Valley, our urogynecology program takes an individualized approach to caring for patients. Pelvic floor disorders are incredibly personal and can sometimes be difficult for patients to discuss.
That’s why our program believes it is crucial to take your personal preferences into account when making treatment decisions. Our urogynecologist discusses with you the treatment options that will be best suited to your specific needs — both clinically and personally.
- Urinary Incontinence (leakage of urine)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Cystocele (dropped bladder)
- Uterine Prolapse (dropped uterus / womb)
- Vaginal Vault Prolapse (post-hysterectomy prolapse)
- Overactive Bladder
- Urinary Urgency
- Urinary Frequency
- Painful Bladder Syndrome / Interstitial Cystitis
- Pelvic Floor Weakness
Why Choose Valley for Urogynecology?
- Robotic surgery and minimally invasive procedures expertise: Our medical director for urogynecology, Cristina Saiz, MD, FACOG, is certified in performing robotic surgery and specializes in minimally invasive urogynecologic procedures. She holds board certifications in obstetrics and gynecology and in female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery (urogynecology).
- Focus exclusively on pelvic floor disorders: Dr. Saiz focuses exclusively on pelvic floor disorders, giving her a deeper understanding of treatment options for these conditions. For example, her practice offers advanced in-office procedures to treat urinary incontinence and overactive bladder, including Botox bladder injections, urethral bulking injections and peripheral tibial nerve stimulation (PTNS).
- Women’s Choice Award: The Valley Hospital has earned the Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Patient Experience for six consecutive years. Hospitals that receive this award do so because they are among the best at treating their patients the way they want to be treated.