Prevention is the key to staying healthy. Our nurse practitioner performs a comprehensive and noninvasive evaluation to determine your potential risk for heart disease, and teaches you how to decrease your risk.
Who Can Be Screened?
- Women and men between the ages of 20 and 79
What Is Included in the Heart Screening?
The screening includes:
- Your health history
- Blood pressure evaluation
- Blood work analysis
- Listening to your heart (auscultation) to determine your heart rate and heart rhythm and whether you have a heart murmur
- Listening to your lungs (auscultation) to determine whether airways are blocked, narrowed or filled with fluid
- Pulse assessments including your carotid and peripheral pulses
- 10-year and lifetime risk calculation of heart attack or stroke, known as your atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease, or ASCVD, risk
Next Steps After the Screening
- Based on the results of your screening, we will develop with you an individual action plan with specific goals for modifying your lifestyle as needed.
- If additional care is needed, we will refer you to a cardiologist for treatment and follow-up.
Request a Heart Screening Appointment
To make an appointment, call 201-447-8535. You will be asked initial questions over the phone before we schedule you to come to the hospital for your screening.
You may request an appointment by filling out this form, and we will contact you to schedule.