Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
Traveling to far-off destinations can be exciting, but it may also require special planning to protect your health. The Enlightened Traveler, Valley Health System’s travel medicine program, offers personalized care and prevention plans – based on your health status and the type of travel you’re planning – to help you maintain good health while you’re away.
Travel Medicine Services
- An analysis of your itinerary and expected activities. Information on current health concerns for your travel itinerary will be considered in developing your plan.
- A review of your current immunization status. We will recommend and administer both routine vaccinations and those vaccinations specific to your travel plan. (Please bring records of all previous routine and travel vaccinations.)
- Counseling and prescriptions for medications to help prevent or treat illnesses while traveling.
- Suggestions for modifying your daily behavior to prevent travel-related illness or injury.
- A personalized written travel health plan folder. The folder will include practical tips to prevent ailments such as diarrhea, rabies and tropical diseases. Recommendations for a travel first-aid kit and answers to your specific questions will be included.
Please contact us as soon as travel plans are made, as it may take several weeks to complete a vaccine series.
Despite the best preventive care, it is possible on rare occasions to develop symptoms that could signal illness. When this occurs, The Enlightened Traveler will assist you with a referral to an appropriate specialist if needed.
Valuable information about the care you received before leaving the country will help your primary care physician or specialist care for you.
Travel Medicine Locations
- Dorothy B. Kraft Center – Paramus
- VMG – Primary & Walk-In Care, Montvale
- VMG – Primary & Walk-In Care, Riverdale
Travel Medicine Fees
Our fee includes the initial physician evaluation and any follow-up discussions between our staff and your primary care physician and specialist. Vaccinations and prescription medications are additional.
We are pleased to offer corporate discounts to businesses and organizations; please inquire when contacting us.