Newborns, infants, children and adolescents who have breathing and sleep problems benefit from advanced technology and comprehensive care at Valley’s Pediatric Sleep Disorders and Apnea Center.
The Valley Approach to Pediatric Sleep Disorders
Poor sleep and sleep deprivation in children are associated with a host of other health issues, including cognitive impairment, obesity, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), mood disturbances and more. By focusing on this important aspect of health, our pediatric sleep team helps patients create a foundation of good sleep that will benefit them for years to come.
Our team’s systematic approach to treatment includes a medical consultation, evaluation, testing/sleep monitoring, diagnosis, and a recommended treatment plan. Consultations and sleep tests take place at our Pediatric Sleep Laboratory, located at 579 Franklin Turnpike in Ridgewood.
- Apnea of prematurity
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Behavioral sleep-related problems
- Restless leg syndrome
- Delayed sleep phase disorder
Pediatric Sleep Services
- Comprehensive evaluations
- Overnight sleep testing
- Infant home monitoring
- Non-surgical options, such as a dental appliance or breathing machine
- Surgical procedures
Pediatric Sleep Team
- Pediatric sleep specialist - Prabhavathi Gummalla, MD
- Registered polysomnographic technicians
- Respiratory therapists
- Pediatric home care nurses