Valley wants our patients and community to be on the alert against medical billing scams. Learn how to protect yourself and your personal information from scammers posing as hospital representatives.Read More
Through a coordinated, patient-centered approach, Valley Hospice brings comfort and peace of mind to patients, their family and friends. Our specialists include:
- Establishes the patient’s plan of care.
- Certifies the prognosis.
- Consults and educates the interdisciplinary team.
- Specialize in pain and symptom management.
- Responsible for the coordination of all services.
- Board certified in hospice and palliative care, as well as holistic training.
- On-call nurses available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to advise families and caregivers over the phone or make a home visit when necessary.
- Provide assessment of patient and family’s emotional needs.
- Evaluate each patient’s individual level of functioning and support network to determine if additional resources are needed.
- Interfaith pastoral counselor
- Offers bereavement support and grief counseling
Home Health Aides
- Assist with personal care needs such as bathing, dressing, & light meal preparation.
- Hair washing
- Mouth, feet, & nail care
- Provide companionship for the patient.
- Offer much-needed respite for the caregivers.
- End of Life Doulas
The hospice team also works with most area nursing homes, assisted living facilities and doctors’ offices, as well as with The Valley Hospital.