Through a coordinated, patient-centered approach, Valley Hospice brings comfort and peace of mind to patients, their family and friends. Our specialists include:
- Establishes the patient’s plan of care.
- Certifies the prognosis.
- Consults and educates the interdisciplinary team.
- Specialize in pain and symptom management.
- Responsible for the coordination of all services.
- Board certified in hospice and palliative care, as well as holistic training.
- On-call nurses available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to advise families and caregivers over the phone or make a home visit when necessary.
- Provide assessment of patient and family’s emotional needs.
- Evaluate each patient’s individual level of functioning and support network to determine if additional resources are needed.
- Interfaith pastoral counselor
- Offers bereavement support and grief counseling
Home Health Aides
- Assist with personal care needs such as bathing, dressing, & light meal preparation.
- Hair washing
- Mouth, feet, & nail care
- Provide companionship for the patient.
- Offer much-needed respite for the caregivers.
- End of Life Doulas
The hospice team also works with most area nursing homes, assisted living facilities and doctors’ offices, as well as with The Valley Hospital.