It’s time to put your health first. Whether you’re seeking emergency care, seeing a doctor, undergoing a procedure, or receiving inpatient care, every safety measure is being followed. Call 1-800-825-5391 for a Safe Visit with a Valley doctor.Read More
- Comprehensive care in a centralized location: By having so many digestive health specialists in one place, patients at Valley’s Center for Digestive Health see numerous benefits. For example, if during your visit, your gastroenterologist thinks you need to see a colorectal surgeon, the team works together to fit you into the schedule that day, rather than making you schedule another visit. Our new office location also offers a spacious, safe and clean healthcare environment, with adherence to stringent safety protocols.
- Connections across the Valley system: All of our providers maintain strong working relationships with physicians in other fields throughout Valley Health System. Our physicians regularly consult with pathology, radiology, oncology and other ancillary departments to collaborate about patient cases for better outcomes. And with our electronic patient health record, any doctor you see at Valley will have instant access to test results and other vital information in your medical history.
- Telehealth visits: For patients who are unable to have an in-person visit or who wish to stay at home, we offer convenient telehealth visits using your smartphone, tablet or computer. Talk to our digestive health specialists and have a complete virtual visit from the comfort and safety of your home.
- A more precise diagnosis: Because many GI diseases have similar symptoms, we use advanced GI tools to make precise diagnoses. These tools include esophageal manometry testing and pH testing for evaluation of acid reflux disease, endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP), capsule endoscopy, and endoscopic ultrasound (EUS). We also offer noninvasive breath testing (HBT) for GI diseases, anal manometry to assess sphincter function, rectal ultrasound to determine cancer stage, and genetic testing.
- Latest digestive health surgeries and techniques: Our colorectal surgeons offer the full range of GI procedures, including colon removal (resection) through laparoscopic, robotic, and minimally invasive surgery for benign and malignant anal-rectal procedures. We also offer highly specialized surgeries such as J-pouch surgery (or Parks’ pouch), which helps patients with ulcerative colitis avoid a colostomy. In addition, we offer anal-rectal sphincter repairs and sacral nerve stimulation (for urinary and fecal incontinence).
- Long-term relationships for chronic diseases: Our physicians provide personalized patient counseling for all chronic diseases, conditions and surgeries. Whether you need an evaluation, medication, consultation, lifestyle modification or surgery, our physicians can help.
- Outstanding expertise: Our gastroenterologists are board certified in both gastroenterology and internal medicine and have extensive clinical background and expertise to care for patients with all types of gastrointestinal disease. Our colorectal surgeons are double-board-certified in both general surgery and colorectal surgery, which means they have the highest possible accreditation in each area. Our team of specialists performs thousands of colonoscopies and surgeries each year. Our surgeons also operate as a team on complicated surgical cases to provide patients with additional expertise and better outcomes.
- Fast-track colonoscopy: Patients who meet certain guidelines might qualify for our Fast-Track Colonoscopy program. This program streamlines the process by eliminating pre-procedural appointments with a gastroenterologist. Certified medical assistants guide you through your colonoscopy preparation over the phone, so you only visit the clinic on the day of your procedure. All of our physicians participate in the Fast-Track Colonoscopy program.