June 6, 2023
Two leaders in healthcare – Valley Health System and Christian Health – have partnered to launch Valeridge Center for Behavioral Health and Wellness, combining resources to address the growing demand for accessible mental health care in the northern New Jersey communities they serve. To ease access to care, the new center is located on The Valley Hospital’s Ridgewood campus and staffed by Christian Health practitioners.
The new Valeridge Center offers rapid-access mental health services for individuals of all ages in the greater Bergen County community, with a special focus on maternal mental health and child and adolescent services. Key offerings include:
- A focus on preventative medicine and wellness initiatives to give patients unique access to programs that combine holistic techniques with state-of-the-art technology
- A continuum of care for pregnant and postpartum women that begins during preparation for conception and continues through the pregnancy into the postpartum year
- Counseling for pregnancy loss and bereavement
- Streamlined access to Christian Health mental health services, including Ramapo Ridge Behavioral Health, an inpatient hospital; Gracepoint, a partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient care program; and LiveWell Counseling, an outpatient counseling center
- Coordinated transition from inpatient (The Valley Hospital) to outpatient (Valley Medical Group) to ensure continuity of care
- Child and adolescent therapy and medication management, in collaboration with pediatricians
These specialized services are provided by a multidisciplinary team of experts, led by Daniel Finch, MD, PMH-C, Medical Director of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health for both Valley Health System and Christian Health. Board certified in adult psychiatry, Dr. Finch sees patients ages 12 and above. He specializes in perinatal psychiatry (pregnancy/postpartum) and emergency psychiatry, with sensitivity to those in the LGBTQIA+ community and individuals with a history of trauma.
Psychotherapy services are provided by Elizabeth Finke, LCSW, who has expertise in maternal mental health and trauma.
Mental health was prioritized as the top concern in Bergen County’s most recent Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA), published in December 2022, and this collaborative effort between the two neighboring healthcare institutions is a direct response to this need.
“We’ve assembled a terrific team of professionals who are committed to providing critical mental health services to our community and making a positive impact on the lives of those we are entrusted to serve,” said Dr. Finch.
For more information, please visit ValleyHealth.com/BehavioralHealth.
About Valley Health System
Valley Health System is a regional healthcare system in northern New Jersey. It includes The Valley Hospital, a 451-bed, not-for-profit, regional acute-care hospital that has been consistently recognized for quality care and patient satisfaction; Valley Home Care, a home care and hospice agency; and Valley Medical Group, a multispecialty group practice of more than 200 doctors and advanced practice professionals representing over 40 medical and surgical specialties who practice at The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, Valley-Mount Sinai Comprehensive Cancer Care in Paramus, eight urgent and primary care centers in New Jersey and New York and many community-based physician practices throughout the region.
About Christian Health
Founded in 1911, Christian Health is a nonprofit healthcare organization offering a continuum of high-quality senior living, short-term rehabilitation, and mental health services. For more than a century, Christian Health has grown and expanded to meet the changing needs of the community. Today it offers excellence in independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing care, short-term rehabilitation (post-acute care), memory support, and mental health services in a manner consistent with the Christian principles upon which the organization was founded.