Protections from Surprise Billing
When you get emergency care or are treated by an out-of-network provider at an in-network hospital or ambulatory surgical center, you are protected from balance billing (sometimes called “surprise billing”). In these cases, you shouldn't be charged more than your plan's copayments, coinsurance and/or deductible.
Read more about your rights and protections against surprise medical bills.
Read more about your rights to request a good faith estimate of the cost of your medical care.
Most Valley Medical Group providers accept the following insurance plans. (Note: Please check with your carrier or your provider’s office for confirmation, as this information can change.)
- Railroad Medicare
- Aetna/Coventry (excludes Aetna Better Health)
- Amerihealth (includes Amerihealth Administrators)
- Braven Health (Except Braven Medicare Plus (HMO))
- Cigna/Great West (including Medicare)
- Consumer Health Network (CHN)
- Horizon BCBS (VPS, Inc./PC is Tier 1 in Omnia. Includes Commercial and Medicare LOB. Includes Medicaid)
- Humana Medicare PPO
- Mount Sinai Employee Health System (Top Tier)
- Oxford (includes Navigate, Commercial and Medicare LOB)
- Qualcare (includes Community Care Network)
- United Healthcare/Empire Plan (includes commercial and Medicare LOB)
- Veterans Administration Community Care Network (CCN)