The endocrinology program at Valley takes a patient-focused, research-driven approach to treating diseases of the endocrine system such as diabetes, thyroid disease and complications stemming from obesity.
The Valley Approach to Endocrinology
Valley’s endocrinologists stay up to date on the latest treatments, guidelines and technology to treat endocrine disorders. Your physician and other experts on your care team will work with you one-on-one to understand your situation and goals, your options and what success might look like for you.
We know that living with endocrine system diseases can involve major lifestyle changes. That’s why we strive to give you all the information and support you need.
- Adrenal disease
- Gonadal disorders
- Graves’ disease
- Hypercalcemia / hypocalcemia
- Parathyroid cancer
- Parathyroid disease
- Pituitary tumors (adenoma)
- Thyroid cancer
- Thyroid nodules
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
Why Choose Valley for Endocrine System Treatments?
- We work with you: Each treatment plan — whether it involves surgery, medical management or lifestyle coaching — is built in collaboration with you. Your physician will have an in-depth conversation with you to explore your options and potential outcomes.
- A commitment to convenience: We perform diagnostic ultrasounds and minimally invasive fine-needle aspiration biopsies on-site. This means you don’t have to schedule additional appointments, and our clinicians have the best possible data to interpret nodules and parathyroid imaging. For patients with diabetes, Valley endocrinologists and primary care providers offer convenient retinal imaging.
- Continuous-glucose monitoring: Valley endocrinologists are certified to place the Eversense continuous glucose monitoring system, the only FDA-approved implantable sensor that eliminates the need for regular self-insertions while providing accurate measurements for up to 90 days.
- A wide support network at Valley: Specialists in endocrinology are part of Valley’s Thyroid and Parathyroid Center and Diabetes Center. As part of these centers, your physician can connect you with additional resources and experts — such as an endocrine surgeon — as needed to better treat your condition.
- Highest standards: Our physicians follow the American Thyroid Association’s guidelines — the gold standard in thyroid care — to assess your condition and recommend evidence-based treatment. Whatever your diagnosis, you can be confident your care plan is based on the latest research.